SeeChange is looking for a community-centered impact finance coordinator (contract).
Click here to read the job description.
Interested applicants must submit their CV and a cover letter by email to Bayan Alabda (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 30 November 2023.
Please note that only Canadian residents can apply.
In your cover letter, please explain why you think sustainable funding for communities facing crisis is important and what experience and skills you
bring to developing an innovative and sustainable financing model.
ABOUT THE POSITION
SeeChange is developing the concept of a CommunityFirst Perpetual Fund (CFPF), a revolving fund that helps communities and organizations access sustainable capital to respond to and prevent humanitarian health crises. We have just completed phase 1 of the project which was to do a literature review and SWOT analysis of existing relevant models.
Phase 2 of this project aims to translate the research into practice through a pilot project in one or two communities, including in Nunavut. This is a crucial step in realizing a project which will have the potential for far-reaching effects for communities wishing to lead their own humanitarian responses.
Community-centered impact financing has the potential to contribute to building more resilient communities, especially in the face of health crises. As Claire Chauvel, an SCSC fellow wrote in 2017, “there is outstanding potential for impact investing, which aims to generate positive social and environmental impact along with financial returns for investors. This is why it’s time to change our definition of value-added by placing social inclusion at the heart of the 21st-century global economy.”
The goal of this position is to pilot the Community First Perpetual Fund in two communities based on the research and progress made so far. In this second phase, the program coordinator will be responsible for:
● Implementing a pilot project in Nunavut and one other community outside Canada.
● Develop governance of the fund
● Build out the financial model and structure
● Secure investors/contributors/outcomes purchasers for the pilots
● Establish how to assure the perpetuity of fund
● Calculate cost savings to health system of having this community-led approach
● Develop a workshop to present the model and gain support
● Create a circle of friends/advisors for the pilots
● Attend meetings internally (SeeChange team) and externally (community and network partners)
● Collaborate with academic and other stakeholders
● Engaged in impact finance
● Knowledge of financial modeling and structures
● Strong communication skills
● Proficiency in English, French and/or Spanish is an asset
● Background in economics, finance, social entrepreneurship or business
● Strong interest in social impact finance